Evan Agostini / AP
Whitney Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown in 2009.
Whitney Houston’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was referred to as "Krissy" on an Oprah Winfrey special that aired Sunday. And reports claim that the teenager is interested in having her name legally changed to "Kristina Houston" to honor her mother's family.
According to TMZ, the 19-year-old mentioned to friends she’s wanted to change her name since her parents divorced in 2007, but Houston didn't want her to do so. Her name reflects both the first and last name of her father, R&B singer Bobby Brown, who reportedly is at odds with Whitney Houston's family.
The report has yet to be confirmed.
On Oprah’s Next Chapter" Sunday night, Brown said her mother was her “everything,” and that she could “always feel her with me."
Winfrey also sat down with Houston’s brother, Gary Houston, and sister-in-law, Pat, asking them specifically about Whitney’s relationship with Bobby, and his current connection to their only daughter.
“He reached out to me a few days after the funeral asking me if Krissy was all right,” recalled Pat Houston, also commenting that she thought the two had a relationship, but wasn’t sure if Whitney encouraged it.
Houston's daughter is the sole heir to the singer's estate. She was briefly hospitalized shortly after her mother's Feb. 11 death, reportedly for stress and anxiety. She reportedly went to dinner in Los Angeles with both of her parents shortly before Whitney Houston's death.
Brown was criticized by many for leaving Whitney Houston's Feb. 18 funeral early, reportedly in a dispute over seating.
Should Bobbi Kristina change her name? Tell us on Facebook.
- Houston's family opens up to Oprah
- theGrio: Did Oprah miss opportunity with Bobbi Kristina interview?
- 'Everything happened so fast' hair stylist talks about Whitney Houston's death
- Oprah lands first interview with Whitney Houston's daughter
- Houston's sister-in-law tells Oprah: 'The handwriting was on the wall'
- Houston left everything to her daughter
- Should Winfrey leave Houston's daughter alone?
- More in TODAY Entertainment on Whitney Houston