You could play the celebrity match game for days without coming up with the pairing of Russell Crowe and Patti Smith, but as the duo recently proved with some appearances in Iceland, they love sharing the stage.
Crowe was in Reykjavik on Aug. 18 as part of a city cultural program, while Smith was touring the country. Based on the videos -- one taken at an outdoor public event as part of the city's Cultural Night, the other in a bar/hostel called Kex -- Crowe was the main attraction, but joyously introduced "legend" (as he called her) Smith for both shows.
Smith sang the song she co-wrote with Bruce Springsteen, "Because the Night," one of her signature tunes. Crowe joined in on backup, and the two appeared to have a grand time.
Check out the videos for more. And as "Gladiator" Crowe might have asked: Are you not entertained?
- Video: Watch the trailer for 'Les Miserables'
- Former rental home of Russell Crowe is available for lease
Also in NBC Entertainment:
- Real stunts rule the day in 'Premium Rush'
- 'Hit and Run' charms despite distracting detours
- City of Aurora creates survey on future of 'Dark Knight' theater