Bilbo Baggins appears to enjoy the quiet life of a hobbit -- but when a swarm of boisterous dwarves (and one mysterious wizard named Gandalf) descend on his home one night in "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey," he's eventually convinced to join them on their adventure.
However, in a new video that's going viral, "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Parody" by The Hillywood Show, the way in which Bilbo is convinced is slightly altered.
To the tune of "Shots" by Lil Jon (don't worry, the obscenities have been altered in the lyrics here), the dwarves take over Bilbo's home and do their convincing with liquor. A lot of liquor. Consumed in large gulps from beer steins. At first, Bilbo isn't too into the party atmosphere -- but once he gets a few steins down his gullet, he becomes quite the party hobbit, signing on to join the dwarves on their quest.
As the YouTube notes explain, "What happens in Middle Earth, stays in Middle Earth."
Bonus trivia note: The video was co-produced by Peter Facinelli, of "Twilight" and "Nurse Jackie" fame. Check it out!
- 'The Hobbit' star Martin Freeman says film's sets were 'awe-inspiring'
- Ian McKellen: I never worked with Elijah Wood on 'Lord of the Rings'
- Hobbits, monsters, Navy SEALs highlight December movies
- 'Hobbit' premiere in New Zealand draws estimated 100K fans
- VIDEO: Watch the trailer for 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey'